Rolex is easily one of the most iconic and instantly recognizable names in the watch industry, and for good reason. Since its inception in the early 1900’s, Rolex has done a great deal to push the industry forward. A constant pursuit of precision and reliability has led Rolex to develop and perfect many functions that are now quite commonplace.
Some of Rolex’s notable innovations include:
- The first watchmaker to earn chronometer certification for a wristwatch
- The first waterproof wristwatch
- The first self-winding automatic watch
- The first wristwatch with an automatically changing date on the dial
- The first wristwatch case waterproof to 100 meters
- The first wristwatch to show two time zones at once
- The first wristwatch with an automatically changing day and date on the dial
Throughout its storied history, Rolex has become synonymous with success and luxury, securing itself as a household name through their supporting partnerships in motorsport, deep sea exploration, mountaineering, tennis, golf, and many other sports all over the world.
Collections by Rolex